Exodus Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Exodus clan of the Halo universe. A place to chill, chat, and ramble incoherently.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hmmmm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Exd Bloodshot
Local Shinobi
Exd Bloodshot

hmmmm Empty
PostSubject: hmmmm   hmmmm EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 pm

I just don't understand how anyone in their right mind would join the democratic or republican parties. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ghandiii202

ghandiii202

hmmmm Empty
PostSubject: Re: hmmmm   hmmmm EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:05 am

haha. i can't wait to see brandon's response. my personal take, I am pro George Washington: I am not party affiliated and will do my best to stay that way. GW got it right the first time around. George for president:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAeFtDfLsU

Go to the three minute mark in that video.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

hmmmm Empty
PostSubject: Re: hmmmm   hmmmm EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:24 am

Washington was very much againt any party system, taking reference from the failed party systems found in Europe.
Political parties enable stupid people to affliate themselves with a group. When you have a collective of stupid people (lets just call them democrats for now) decisions tend to be made by party leaders, with no real inititive put forth by the lower echelon party members. Political parties also tend to form radical connatations, that is, they decide on a movement and will do anything for the cause. This would not necessarily be a bad thing if everyone in the party was equally informed and felt the need to move for the movement with common sense. Instead, we find more often than not that it is the party leaders that determine the cause and a mindless public follows. Lets say for example you have a party that produces a leader who offers "change". Everyone has always offered change, but this candidate is different. Lets say that this candidate, for all practical purposes, is of a different ethnicity, perhaps African AMerican. The flock of sheeple under this party hate their current living status (it should be noted that they have made a limitied effort, if any at all, to change their current living status) so they cling to the black man offering "change". This man of color preaches and inspires with his words. A stupid public follows unquestionably, throwing all logic out the window. He will be their savior he will be bring change. Why? Because he is black and he said he would. Why would he lie? The public gets him elected, being proud that they are loyal members to their party. Some months later little to no real change has been made. People begin to ask questions. Political leaders HATE questions. If people ask questions, then they have to give answers. What should the political leaders do???? What they have always done, create a distraction. Instead of focussing on how things have not changed at all they will focus on the short comings of the previous administration. Lets say for all practical purposes that the previous administration was run by someone from a different political party. Lets say that the political leaders of the new administration release memos of toture acts conducted by the previous administration. Normally this wouldnt be to big of a deal, BUT this new administration has strong control over news media played on television. Everyone watches TV, ESPECIALLY stupid people. Some people actaully believe everything they see on TV, ESPECIALLY stupid people. It just so happens that these stupid people still associate themsleves with the same party that offered them change that they never got. Not wanting to feel even more stupid than they already are, they feel like they must cling on to hope that it wasnt a bad decision to put this black man into office. It had to be the fault of the previous administration. Well at least thats what their political leaders tell them. They would never lie.

Yea right.

I dont have a problem with political parties. They are inevitable. I have a problem with people, particularly stupid people. Stupid people have the most power in our country because they are the easist to manipulate. They want a quick fix to their problems because they do not understand the benefits to having a long term solution.

As far as our parties go now, to put it blatantly, they suck. The Republican and Democratic party dont exist to help out the country. They exist to one up each other. They try to see who best can manipulate the stupid people of our society.

George Washington would cry if he could see where our country has gone.
Back to top Go down
ghandiii202

ghandiii202

hmmmm Empty
PostSubject: Re: hmmmm   hmmmm EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:41 am

solid points brandon. I wanna share an anecdote from my class that applies to how willing people are to believe what they are told by a "superior". And i also want to vent.

In my adolescent development class, my professor told us that 1/3 of all girls under 20 have been pregnant. I raised my hand and said that number sounds ridiculous ( i said it nicely of course) and he's like well this is the numbers i received. And then students around me proceeded to explain to me that i lived in upstate NY and i went to college and I wasn't exposed to America in its worst, and that I need to be open minded to other occurrences outside of my own. Needless to say it pissed me off, so i researched the topic, the highest pregnancy rates have ever been was 8% in 2004 for teenagers. and its been on a decrease since then. I got so pissed off at the people in my class who were so damn easily convinced of outrageous information because it comes from a professor. On a side note, i like the Professor, he was just misinformed. But anyways, these are the intelligent, hard working people of our society, but so air headed. I chose to speak up at that moment and was explained to why i was too narrow minded to grasp the concept. . Seriously? We get the leaders we deserve. And we deserve idiocy.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

hmmmm Empty
PostSubject: Re: hmmmm   hmmmm EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 pm

WHHEEEWWW!! FIGHT THE POWER!! lol. I had the same problem with a sociology prof. Sheeple are retarded.

This also reminds me of how that pagent (miss america or something) where the girl is asked about gay marrage and she said she disagrees with it, and then is told how close minded she is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hmmmm Empty
PostSubject: Re: hmmmm   hmmmm Empty

Back to top Go down

hmmmm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exodus Forums :: Chit Chat :: The Great Debate-
Jump to: