Exodus Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Exodus clan of the Halo universe. A place to chill, chat, and ramble incoherently.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Good Capture Card

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

A Good Capture Card Empty
PostSubject: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 pm

I dont know about much but I have been considering on purchasing a good capture card for my PC. Has anyone heard of a good one that is good quality for its money. I am a little tight on budget but want something to record film clips so that I don't have to go through a "filter" like Gamerchiefs. I posted there a few weeks ago and they still havent recorded the requested clips.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 pm

tell me your budget and ill tell you what to get
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:55 pm

I didnt really have a price in mind because I don't know an average price of one. Whatever one is relatively cheap compared to the rest and has good quality for its price.

"More Bang for the Buck!"
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Danko buying a capture card is a pretty big deal. Put some thought in to it because there are literally hundreds of ways you can go about this.

What are your computer specs?
What is your budget?

Cards can range from 20 dollars to 250 dollars. Funny thing is the 20 dollar one can be better than the 250 one. Its really what is your style.

Do you want to record high def?
Do you need a video converter?
Internal or External?
Video editing software?
Main use?
Graphics card?
Sound card?

Im not trying to exaggerate but the options are vast. (unless you have a laptop). Putting something like this in your computer can be tricky business. Try to answer what you can and Ill tell you what I think you should get
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:35 am

okay thanks I thought so. I knew there were alot of options but had didnt know what.

Taking into consideration that I want to edit on my desktop, I was thinking internal might be more clean so my desk doesnt get too messy. Idealy I want a second monitor so I can play one and use the computer on the other. I don't nessacarily need HD because it doesnt seem pratical. I mean youtube and recording to dvd arent hd so that would be pointless.

I would mainly use it to capture gameplay off of Halo 3 or any other fun game. (ANOTHER FUN GAME Question HOW CAN THAT EXIST?) I have a basic sound and video card so I don't know if that puts a damper on things.

Once I get the footage, I have two excellent computers with editing software so that isnt needed. iMovie and Vegas Pro.

I can spend probaly around 100 on one but anything over that doesnt seem worth it for the amount of use I would use it.

My computer specs.
WIndows Xp.
1GB Dual-Channel Ram
200GB Hard Drive that spins 7200 RPM
Intel Pentium 4 Cpu 3.20 GHz

I hope thats enough information right there for ya.

why would I need a video converter?
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 1:19 pm

ARRGGGG. Im jealous of your great computer specs.

Ok if you want to go internally, thats gonna cost you more. You may need to get a new video card and possibly sound card to handle it all.

Never use imovie. Its a homosexual monkey having sex with a tree squirrel. Not pretty

You may need a video convertor because some capture cards record to .mov wmv mpg1 mpg2 BUT you have vegas and its baisically a beast and can handle really any form of video format

If you want cheap, effective, and works well try

Sexy beast

If you want amazing but hard to get try

so sexy

Both of these are external. The first is a lil complex to set up properly, but there are planty of youtube videos out there to guide you

The second one is AWESOME but from what I hear its hard to get one because they can go crazy priced on ebay. I know guys who got one for 20 bux, I know others who had to spend 200 bux on the same thing.....

INternal:

sexy jr

SEXY BEAST Snr.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the ultimate of the ultimate...........
GODS VIDEO CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go with sexy beast snr. Its awesome
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:32 pm

alright thanks. I thought about it and an external I could probaly use on other computer's as well. Not to mention I could use that money to buy a graphics or sound card. How would I know if my graphics and sound are up to the job?

I think this post should be left up as a helpful for anyone who might need help with this subject.
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 8:58 pm

hey branden. I was wondering about these again today because I was at best buy and I think I have decided on one. I dont know if it is listed abow but I was wondering how you have your setup wired when you record videos. Do you usually have an audio/video splitter and if you do, what kind is it? Some splitters can be pricey and I wanted to know if you use one or not.

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Im usin the pinnacle premium system. With my setuo I do have to use video and audio splitters, but they didnt cost to much extra
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 am

thanks, after I posted last night, I checked my tv and saw it has an output so I need a capture card and one long rca to get from output to the card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Good Capture Card   A Good Capture Card Empty

Back to top Go down

A Good Capture Card
Page 1 of 1