Exodus Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Exodus clan of the Halo universe. A place to chill, chat, and ramble incoherently.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pirating Music and Computer Programs.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

Pirating Music and Computer Programs. Empty
PostSubject: Pirating Music and Computer Programs.   Pirating Music and Computer Programs. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Okay. I feel I should post this because of my similar beliefs in the rights to own Guns also.
A few months ago, Apple released a press release saying their computer program "iTunes" was going to discount all of their "plus" music. Before this update, people would pay an extra dollar to download restriction free songs from the store. It was actually back in January but now an ever growing percentage of music able to be downloaded is the "normal" 99 cents but is "DRM Free" (Restrictions). I am telling this to everyone because Apple's thinking for this is because these limits only hurt the people who are legally buying the rights.

Pirate: free and unlimited use

Old Itunes: pay extra for unlimited use

You can see how this was messed up.

I am taking a really drawn out way of saying this but you will never be able to remove all of the guns from the street. You will never be able to remove aLL of the piracy unless you intended destroying multiple major social net-working sites. (Dont ask how but I've done it before) Im trying to see what you guys think of pirating music and other various computer programs compared to buying them legitly from a company. SUre, not many kids I know have about 10K to drop on some good "media suites" but at what point can we find the balancing point between the two?
Back to top Go down
ghandiii202

ghandiii202

PostSubject: Re: Pirating Music and Computer Programs.   Pirating Music and Computer Programs. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

I dont download illegaly, not because i find it imorale, but because i havent put forth the effort. Instead i had an account on itunes that i bought all the music i liked, i kept it to about 1000 songs so it wasnt horribly expensive. I got my laptop went off to college and i have bought more music, about 200 songs. Now i have an ipod and i can't add songs from both computers. I bought all those songs but because of anti theft programs, i cannot get the 1000 songs i legally bought onto my ipod. I fully intend to have a friend illegally download all those songs and more, and i don't feel guilty about it. So these companies like itunes better keep doing updates to benefit their buyers or they are gonna lose them.
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Pirating Music and Computer Programs.   Pirating Music and Computer Programs. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 am

yes. This is a prime example of someone who is being punished for trying to follow the law.

Oh btw JEff, you CAN add music from at least 5 computers. Even more but I am sure only 5 if they are all purchased.
Back to top Go down
ExD Unscripted

PostSubject: Re: Pirating Music and Computer Programs.   Pirating Music and Computer Programs. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 pm

i believe that both these should be legal
music
a) man artist say they do it just for the fans, but then complain when there music is pirated. so your not doing it for the fans. which brings me to b) The band Radiohead released there album Ok computer on there site when it first came out. It was free but they would take any donations that people were willing to give just to hear it, some people payed upwards of 50 dollars for a free album. So if you do make music and have a strong fan base you will be rewarded with the riches that you seek.

On to computer programs, IF ANYONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND HAS A PROBLEM WITH PIRATING SOFTWARE ON A COMPUTER I WANT YOU TO BREAK YOUR COMPUTER. the only reason that computers are around is because bill gates went around stealing peoples OS codes eventually find Steve Jobs and stealing his OS codes. Making millions and then buy a small bit of ownership in apple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirating Music and Computer Programs.   Pirating Music and Computer Programs. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pirating Music and Computer Programs.
Page 1 of 1