Exodus Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Exodus clan of the Halo universe. A place to chill, chat, and ramble incoherently.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mary Jane in my brain

Go down 
+3
Sir MittenS
ExD Reflection
ExDBigysmals
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

Mary Jane in my brain Empty
PostSubject: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Ok guys we've had a few good discussions in this thread already and Im really happy to find us all agreeing and speaking thoughtfully and respectfully about our causes.

Now lets get to something that there is sure to be somewhat of a divide on.....

Beyond the issue of legalization, do you believe that it is right to smoke marijuana? Or even to trip on shrooms? I chose these because they are quite popular and the only such drugs that are completly home grown with no need for extra help by man.

SO what do you say. Right or wrong?
Back to top Go down
ExD Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:59 pm

I say wring!
Back to top Go down
ExD Reflection

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 pm

alright its complicated, I don't think its a good Idea, just like smoking is a bad idea, same difference, and I don't think drugs like this are legal, soo... there probably are some legal consequences if you are caught, I don't think is a good idea to get into it at all.... umm I will elaborate on it some more, but those are my initial thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sir MittenS

Sir MittenS

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 3:14 pm

I disagree with the use of marijuana at all now, because of the fact that it is illegal. God commands us to follow the laws of our nation unless it conflicts with His Word. If it was legal, (which it is for medical use in California) I believe that the effects are not as negative as a substance such as alcohol. I believe it would than come down to a Christian's personal convictions. One way that I would determine my conviction on the use of it would be to ask myself would I be able to make the same decisions morally and logically than if I wasn't high. Therefore, I think it really depends on each person and their own personal convictions between them and God to determine if it was right or wrong given that It was legal for you to smoke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.happytreefriends.com
Exd Bloodshot
Local Shinobi
Exd Bloodshot

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm

I would try it and if i found myself behaving irrational and immoral that would be the end of it
Back to top Go down
Sir MittenS

Sir MittenS

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:08 pm

lol interesting video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBMYxoveUNY

I don't necessarily agree or condone with what he saying but he brings up some interesting and thought provoking points...lol
Back to top Go down
ghandiii202

ghandiii202

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:25 am

well i agree with his point of view but he's to much of an anarchist for me. He'd probably complain about drugs being legal if they were.
Back to top Go down
Sir MittenS

Sir MittenS

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:22 pm

lol pahahaha i think your right
Back to top Go down
ExD Havoc
Sexy Ninja
ExD Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 pm

I think he was on speed when he took the video.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Jack I have a question for you. If something is a bad idea does that make it wrong?

Before answering this try to understand first what a "bad idea" is. First and foremost it is an idea. Ideas are thoughts. Thoughts are formed from opinion and bias. An idea therefore can never be "bad" or "good" in the respect you present it in.

Right and wrong implies that there is a standard of morality. Our government tells us that it is wrong to smoke. Our government also tells us it is ok to kill unborn babies. Understand?

To argue the morality of marijuana use (meaning whether it is right or wrong morally) one must place a standard of morals upon which to follow. Where in the Bible does it say to not smoke weed?
Weed is not some new plant thats only been around for 100 years. It existed right along side adam, eve, and Jesus.

None of you smoke weed because you have been raised to belive that it is something immoral to do, even though morallity has nothing to do with the act of smoking weed.

If drinking alcohol had no age requirement and wasnt associated with a negative social stigma, would you drink beer in the same mindset as you do soda?

Its all the same. You dont do it because you were raised not to do it. If you never knew weed to have any kind of negative conotation would you still be against it?
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 am

Once again you are able to provide a good argument. But drinking alcohol isnt bad in limited and controlled quantities. Its the actions that certain people may be provoked when under the influence that makes it wrong. It is true that you can argue biblical scriptures for each side. The bible also says that God gave man the herbs and plants. Stop. Ok. They are ours to do with as we want.

The bible also says to treat our bodies as a temple of God. I do not have enough knowledge of the effects of this stuff to be able to cite them but if it causes you to do stupid stuff that may cause you to be harmed, is that not a direct violation of God's commands?
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:31 am

WOOO! Danko I love you bro!

Great analysis. Now heres my favorite part, the part where I get to explain the long list of harmful effects marijuana has on your body.

Ready?

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are NONE. Yep. NONE. Mary Jane is a very unique drug.

Alcohol is terrible for your liver. To much alcohol over your lifetime can lead to cirrosis of the liver. Alchol is also addictive

Cocaine can lead to psychosis and the eventual frying of your brain. its EXTREMELY addictive

Cigarettes are composed of over 5000 chemicals, one of which is embalming fluid and several other cancer causing agents.

Meth- DONT DO METH!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!! BAD IDEA ALL AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acid destroys the brain

Herione- EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE. High risk of AIDS spread.

Not convinced? try this
You can overdose on heroine, acid, meth, cocaine, and even alcohol.
Can you OD on weed??????

Nope. Not unless you smoke something like 50 pounds of it in under 15 minutes. Thats a freakin TOOOOOON of weed. If you smoke alot you just get tired and go to sleep lol.

Oh yea did I mention that unlike herione, acid, cocaine, meth, alcohol, and cigarettes, Weed is 100 percent non addictive. You can smoke for a year and go cold turkey and not feel any withdraw symptoms. Try doing that with cigarettes and your gonna end up hating life.

It really is a remarkable plant. As for doing stupid stuff, yes this can be true. When people first start smoking weed they generally do not know how to handle being high. Its a new kind of euphoria. Smoke over a longer period of time and you learn to enjoy the high the proper way.

So why isnt it legal? Our damn government. Why do you think its bad? Our damn government.
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am

ok. Now that I understand there are no medical issues with Mj, I am able to see why you stand so strongly in your ideas. I now am having to re-adjust my ideas and thoughts where I think that MJ should be treated as cigarettes in the fact, no public building but as well as you please, go ahead and smoke it. But until we can convince our government, there is not much hope for legal distribution. The legalization of weed would be tremendous. Remove all ethanol corn fields, replace it with weed, sell it, settle national dept. =)
Back to top Go down
Sir MittenS

Sir MittenS

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:05 pm

truth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane in my brain   Mary Jane in my brain Empty

Back to top Go down

Mary Jane in my brain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exodus Forums :: Chit Chat :: The Great Debate-
Jump to: