Exodus Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Exodus clan of the Halo universe. A place to chill, chat, and ramble incoherently.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My religous views

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Exd Bloodshot
Local Shinobi
Exd Bloodshot

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:43 pm

In a nutshell, much like everything else in my life my religous views are extremely volatile and frankly unstable. I truly believe in god without a doubt, I really struggle to believe in Jesus but honestly I am managing to make it happen, i have to surround myself with the right people and go the right places, (basically my belief in jesus is like a fire that constantly needs to be refueled) by prayer, going to a good church, and simply walking outdoors listening to worship music. The things i struggle with more than anything else are bad minister/priests ( a good chunk of my family is catholic) and the bible itself. I am very skeptic that after so many years it hasnt been changed by a corrupt being or something very important is lost in translation. With this in mind all i can do is pray I am on the right path, and do what Jesus taught.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Word Ryan. I have had a huge struggle in the stability of my religous views as they are greatly affected by the views of my family and own church.

One thing, if you would, could you elaborate on the not believing in Jesus deal?
Back to top Go down
ExD Reflection

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:21 pm

You know that Jesus exists as a person, he was born and he died, I guess you have trouble believing he really was God, and I understand that, believing in Jesus is apart of the very basis that Christianity is about... Anyone can, and many do believe in God, thats not the hard part... its not hard when you can hear his voice, just pray some, or fold your hands and pretend to pray, God hears our silent prayers, and you will begin to hear him talk back to you... everyone is different, I hear his voice, and feel his emotions from time time... its amazing what you can know and do, and not do, when you hear him speak to you...
Back to top Go down
Exd Bloodshot
Local Shinobi
Exd Bloodshot

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:00 pm

basically, i need constant reminder and reaffirmations of "hey jesus is god" if i dont and this has happened before i get distracted by worldy stuff and go into kind of a "faith relapse"
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:09 pm

well, being the optimist I am, look at the bright side

at least its not a herion relapse
Back to top Go down
ExD Reflection

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:27 pm

just for clarification, I was talking about God talking to you in every day life, maybe not at that very moment...
Back to top Go down
ExD

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Speaking of Jesus. Someone told me that there is more evidence that he walked this earth than there is of Abe Lincoln's existance. cool eh?
Back to top Go down
ghandiii202

ghandiii202

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:49 am

Ryan I think I know how you feel. It is indeed a struggle for me to be with Jesus at times, mostly because He is the only thing that separates me from my family and some others. I do believe in Jesus but i can't deny the way my heart strays if I don't keep it in check. It feels like I have to constantly "flex" my beliefs or they will slip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My religous views Empty
PostSubject: Re: My religous views   My religous views Empty

Back to top Go down

My religous views
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exodus Forums :: Chit Chat :: The Great Debate-
Jump to: