Exodus Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Exodus clan of the Halo universe. A place to chill, chat, and ramble incoherently.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drugs, sex, and rock and roll

Go down 
+3
ExD Reconcile
ExD Insomnia
ExDBigysmals
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

Drugs, sex, and rock and roll Empty
PostSubject: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am

So how about it guys.

Should drugs be legalized? Should prostitution?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ExD Insomnia
Fearless Leader/Jesus lover

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm

this one is good... Branden.. we have gotten in many a arguments over this.. =)

Maybe I have changed my opinion this time around....

I'll try and explain my thoughts with an example... If someone is going to shoot them self, do I have a right to stop them? No. It is his life, It's his responsibility to maintain it how he pleases.

On the other hand, if someone points a gun at me intending to kill me, even though I am innocent. Do I have a right to stop them? Certainly.

Therefore, it is not our realm of authority to tell someone if they can or can't do evil as long as it doesn't affect someone else.

I believe it is not the governments responsibility to stop people from doing evil to themselves by means of laws.. i believe it is our responsibility as Christians to positively influence and teach people the way to life... also the way to happiness and joy.. Jesus...

Who agree's? Who doesn't? talk to me fellas.
Back to top Go down
ExD Reconcile

ExD Reconcile

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:59 pm

i agree... now i dont think either of those should be legalized but if one wants to do drugs and mess up his own life then thats up to him. but prostitution is messing up someone elses life and that person has no right to bring his own mest up life into someone elses.
Back to top Go down
Exd Bloodshot
Local Shinobi
Exd Bloodshot

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:34 pm

I believe they both should be legalized for the exact same reasons Isaac stated above
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:01 pm

HOLY CRAP!

Wow I am truly stunned.....Isaac...lol you sound exactly like me!!??? Awesome man. I was planning on typing out a really nice convincing rant on this one but well...you pretty much hit the nail on the head lol. Very concise and to the point. Major props
Back to top Go down
ExD Insomnia

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm

haah.. thanks man.. I seriously have changed my views on life a whole lot.. Now I'm all about small government... wooohoo.
Back to top Go down
ghandiii202

ghandiii202

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:51 am

Haha yeah branden I was gonna do the same. But yeah Isaac got it. but one thing: Legalizing marijuana would probably help our economy.
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

One correction to what Jeff said

Legalizing marijuana would, without a doubt, help our economy
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:41 pm

yeah. I agree with you Isaac about someone having the responsibility over their own body but I want to ask, if protistution was legalized, would it not surely increase the occurrence rate of people on the streets, selling themselves in hard money times such as these at hand?

Prostitution increases, will the rate of STDs jump tremendously as well?
Whats fun about taking 40 pills a day if someone aquires HIV AIDS? Nothing.
Think of the people who are innocently catching these diseases because they had sex with a prostitute not aware of anything until it was too late.

yeah, they can make money but as Christians, are we not compelled to hold ourselves to a higher standard to stop looking at our own feet and looking around and looking our for other people?

If I am walking around with my ipod in my ears, and "naval-gazing", I am not able to look out for myself. I have a hard time to agree with the legalization of prostitution only because there is something inside of me that stirs for me to help out other people as Jesus would. If Jesus was a lawyer, I believe he would support laws not looking out for just those who would prostitute themselves, but also protect those other "innocent" people?

Please correct me if you feel Iam wrong but thats just some of my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
ExD Unscripted

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:20 pm

i disagree, if we did legalize it we would be like france!!!!!
which in that case i would be a Jenious!!!
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:43 am

yeah. I dont want to be like French. haha. my british friends would rather be the bacteria in poop then become French. lol. But what benefits would that give?
Back to top Go down
ExDBigysmals
The Godfather
The Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Funny thing is I hear the argument Danko presents all the time. In fact Isaac ran on nearly the same thought process at one time.

Heres what would really happen.

If prostitution was legalized as a legitimate business, then two things would happen.
First capitalsim would kick in. People would realize that it is far more profitable and safe if "pimps and hoes" united in joint ventures. Prostitution would move onto the market as a goods and service, meaning that people could invest in it. Suppliers (pimps) would be immersed into our competitive capitalist system. Legitimate business establishments would open.

Secondly, because prostitution would become an actual business in the free market, it would be required to follow regulations just like any other establishment. Hoes would have to undergo mandatory testing. Whore houses would have to follow a sanitary code. Unsatisfied or disgruntled customers could report issues to the better business bureau. Prostituting yourself freelance would be just like anything else freelance, youd need a license and then have to follow all the regulations accompanied with that. Prostituting without a license would hold the same offense as operating without a license in any other business field, meaning fines and/or jail time.

Two thoughts you may have.

One-Making hoes get tested doesnt mean you stop the spread of AIDS.
Your right it wont. But it will reduce the spread greater than it is now.

Two-Anyone could sell themselves for sex. How could it be regulated?
Simple, the people enjoying services will do it automatically. If your out and wanting sex, then it becomes more productive to your cause by simply visting a set establishment. Finding a random prostitute would not be worth the time or risk. Street whores would become a dying breed.
Back to top Go down
ExD Stryker

ExD Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Drugs, sex, and rock and roll   Drugs, sex, and rock and roll EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:55 am

yeah. You have a great argument. Im not quite sure what I think still. Its okay to agree to disagree and I think thats where I stand.
Back to top Go down

Drugs, sex, and rock and roll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exodus Forums :: Chit Chat :: The Great Debate-
Jump to: